Monday, November 14, 2016

It was only a matter of time!!!

I guess it only took about a week until I broke my own expectation of posting every 4 days. Oh well at least it was only by one day. I was reading other game devs blogs and had the realization that I am working on my own game!!!!!

I am suppose to have the mid month version of the Eros Alliance done by tomorrow but that may also have to wait a day and if things go bad maybe two. I have really crappy hours at work at the moment with black Friday coming up and stores ordering things as early as they can to be ready for the nightmare. If it does get delayed I will have to post the pubic version of the game a few days late as well.

All the work is done in terms of assets and planning. When I make a new build, first thing I do is make a quick draft of what I want to add. Then I make all the assets like character art, animations, rooms. When that is finished, I write out how I am going to fit that into the game and start writing the dialog on a notepad. All that has been completed but the last step is the most time consuming because there is always a bug or step that I missed. It used to be a lot harder like when adding a room would take me about an hour or more if it had multiple entrances or npcs. Now its just 20 minutes with almost no bugs. What does take a while is making sure things stay consistent when the player starts a new day. This is what has caused me to stay away from the save system for so long because I am not confident in the tracking system just yet. Taking baby steps is the best way for me to go so I off I got to work on the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment